Monday, May 12, 2014

Second Friday Christmas card club in May, mate!

What a great feeling it is to be making my Christmas cards early, and if I could just get someone to write them for me it'll be even better lol! This month I was joined by Anne, Ana, Sharon, Jill, Judi and Mandy and we made 8 cards using the "Happy Christmas, Mate!" retired stamp set. We often use retired stamps at this class because Christmas stamps are such fun to use that we like to collect them. Often they will be sets that I haven't used before but a guest has asked if we can make something using their stamps to give them some fresh inspiration. I'm happy to do this as it means we get to make lots of different cards. I had some inspiration from Kym Smiley and Goin' Over The Edge, thanks guys. Here are the two cards we made
Happy Christmas Mate cards
The Surfing Santa is on Bermuda Bay card, with torn pieces of Winter Frost Specialty DSP, Soft Sky card and Whisper White card. The Kangaroo is holding Tempting Turquoise presents, and the card is made from Soft Suede card embossed with the chevrons embossing folder. We punched out 1" circles from Tempting Turquoise card and cut them in half to make the scalloped border.

2 comments:

  1. I have that stamp set and wondered what to do with it. This has given me some ideas. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome, enjoy making some new cards!

    ReplyDelete