Sunday, April 26, 2009

Cricket second test

Yesterday was the second test between the aussies and the poms at Pt Talburpin park. It was a beautiful day and the ten or so families turned up in their yellow or white colours ready for the big game. The aussies went in to bat first, and what with Geoff hitting the balls for six over the old church and some uninspired fielding they led early on. After lunch of sandwiches and sausages the poms returned to the pitch with their star batswoman (me!) padded up and ready to go. I was on my way to my first century (one run) when I was run out and had to leave the crease. After that performance the team put in a brave fight but unfortunately lost the game. great fun was had by all, and I look forward to another day of cricket soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment