Thursday, April 12, 2012

Cherished girls


My two gorgeous girls were photographed together here in 2007, gee they were so cute then! Not that they're not cute now, but they've developed a love/hate relationship that can be quite taxing! I used a technique shown to me by Liz Collett where you fold DSP and cut it on the Big Shot. You may remember making paper-chain dolls the same way as a child! I have wanted to use this sheet from the Beau Chateau DSP for ages, and the folded paper technique really was a great way to frame this photo too. As you can see it is a pretty simple page in terms of design, but the embellishments and separated-paper flowers add the right touch without detracting from the photo itself. I have also fussy-cut some more flowers from another sheet of DSP to add more dimension to the page.
See also repeating-flowers for more ideas using this technique.

No comments:

Post a Comment