Thursday, March 15, 2012

Coolangatta retreat 2012


I had a lovely time down at Coolangatta last weekend for my annual craft 'retreat' with friends.
We went down on Friday afternoon and came back on Sunday, but next year we hope to make it a three night break it was too short to do everything!
We went to a lovely pizza restaurant on Friday night, and then a healthy burger joint on Saturday, but I did feel better by going for walks on the beach and swimming in the sea too.
I also held an award night on Saturday and made these fun certificates for everyone, and gave them a 'candy wrapper' die cut gift box with a couple of stamps inside.
Our apartment was SeaSound apartment on Griffith Street, just perfect for small groups to get some hobby time in; it sleeps 12 but we found that it worked well with 9 as table space was still a bit cramped with that number of people. It has a small kitchen and a large lounge, and reasonable sized rooms to sleep in. Fortunately it also has a vacant block right behind it so we could see the sea from the kitchen and veranda!
Sharon made us pancakes for breakfast both mornings, that was sooooo yummy and unexpected, thanks Sharon!
We were also treated to a slap up lunch with quiche for starters and then a healthy salad, thanks to Di and Rachelle for that. Di also had her Stampin' Up! workshop there and got herself $160 of free products through sales, so well done Di.
We were very productive in what we made, I was quite pleased that I took down my unfinished cards to get on with, and made about 15. I also began and finished my Paper Angels swaps for the new Autumn Winter mini catalogue, and got 30 of those made.
All in all it was a very nice weekend, and I hope to go again next year.












No comments:

Post a Comment